Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sing-Along @ Perch Cafe

I went to the one on Tuesday @ 10:00. It's such a popular class and it's $5. and it's 5 minutes away from my place. I always wanted to try it out.

I really like Perch as a cafe/restaurant. I love their cobb salad and nacho. very cute interior and nice backyard during summer time.
But I don't think I'll go back to their sing-along class. Very uncomfortable.

the area in the cafe for the sing-along is very small. probably about 100 square feet. and it was ridiculously crowded. there's 3 sofas there and there was about 20 kids + 20 adults crammed into that tiny space. I would say maximum 10 kids + 10 parents or caregiver would fit there comfortably. small space with full of kids = germs. i felt like pouring purell all over myself.

kids sitting on adults lap, no space to move or walk around. how can you interact with music like that? there was just too many people talking over the music and it was so noisy and distracting.

my daughter loves music and loves to dance to it. I'd rather pay for small music classes where she can interact with the teacher and instruments, walk around, jump and dance around.

No comments: